Dear Students of the Polish program(s) in psychology,
We would like to invite you to take part in courses offered by Warsaw International Studies in Psychology (WISP), the English program in psychology at our Faculty. We offer places on the following courses:
For students of years 2-5:
1) Introduction to Applied Cognitive Psychology: Design in Everyday Life (Wouter de Raad) DETAILS
2) Cognitive Psychology Laboratory (Wouter de Raad, MA) DETAILS
3) Stress. A Military Psychology Perspective (mgr Maciej Sierzpowski) DETAILS
4) Psychology of Virtual Reality and of Human-Robot Interaction (Jean-Christoph Giger, PhD) DETAILS
5) Ostracism and Rejection: understanding the effects (dr Joanna Rajchert) DETAILS
6) Key Issues in Emotion Research (mgr Dorota Jasielska) DETAILS
For students of years 3-5:
1) Youth and Life Crises (dr Anna Piekarska) DETAILS
2) Working with Groups (mgr Urszula Szulc) DETAILS
For students of years 4-5:
1) Main Directions in Humanistic and Existential Psychotherapy (dr Marta Porębiak) DETAILS
2) Family Therapy (dr Marta Porębiak) DETAILS
3) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Prof. Richard Ohring) DETAILS
4) Solutions-Focused Brief Therapy (Viktorija Cepukiene, PhD; Rytis Pakrosnis,PhD) DETAILS
5) Dissemination of Evidence-Based Psychotherapy (prof. Ryan Beveridge, prof. Timothy Fowles) DETAILS
6) ESP: Conflict, Mediation, Negotiations – lecture (prof. Johanna Vollhardt) DETAILS
7) ESP: Conflict, mediation, negotiations – seminar (dr Rafał Morek) DETAILS
8) ESP: Quantitative methods in Social Psychology (dr Magdalena Rowicka) DETAILS
9) ESP: Interpersonal relationships (mgr Dorota Jasielska) DETAILS
10) ESP: Neuropsychological methods in Social Psychology – lecture (prof. Emilia Łojek, dr Agnieszka Pluta) DETAILS
11) ESP: Advanced Statistical Methods: Discrete Variables – lecture (dr Max Bielecki) DETAILS
12) ESP: Advanced Statistical Methods - discrete variables – workshop (prof. Dariush Arai-Ardakani) DETAILS
13) ESP: Internet Methods in Social Psychology (dr Jan Zając) DETAILS
14) Neuropsychology is Psychiatry (prof. Bernice Marcopulous) DETAILS
15) Perception, Attention and Action (mgr Paweł Matusz) DETAILS
The detailed schedule of the above classes together with hours and the number of ECTS points assigned to each course should be available below.
Please note: taking a course in English costs 20 PLN for 1 ECTS point, so if a course is worth 2 ECTS, you will have to pay 40 PLN etc. The amount needs to be paid to the account of the Faculty: 44 1160 2202 0000 0000 6084 9470. Attention! Courses marked as “ESP” belong to the Experimental Social Psychology specialization and are for free!
In order to sign up for a class, please follow this procedure:
1. Send an email to the WISP office: firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us that you would like to sign up for a chosen course. DEADLINE for sending the email: Mon, 16.01.2012, 23:59. On 17.01.2012 we will check how many people applied and if there is a place for you. You can call us on 18.01.2012 to find out (or wait for our email). Note that regular WISP students as well as Erasmus students are going to have priority.
2. If there is a spot for you, please quickly make the payment (look at how many ECTS the course is worth and then count how much you should pay; it is 20 PLN for 1 ECTS).
3. Please bring the proof of payment to our office – room 423, 4th floor (it can be eg. a printed proof from your online account).
4. You will be manually signed up for the course of your choice in USOS only after you have delivered the proof of payment.
Attention! If you would like to sign up for courses marked as ESP, please contact dr Monika Prusik, the coordinator of the specialization: email@example.com.
Things to remember:
* Students can sign up on the first come - first served basis. If you write/come too late, it might turn out that all the spots are taken.
* Students of the older years, especially 5th-year students, will have priority over younger students as they might not have another chance to take any courses in English next year.
* Before you sign up, please look at the schedule. It is your responsibility to check if your Polish courses do not overlap with the English courses you would like to take.
* Some courses are taught by visiting instructors in a blocked form.
We really encourage you to take courses at WISP. Many of our instructors are well-known specialists in their fields and it is a unique opportunity to participate in their classes.
[DOWNLOAD THE SCHEDULE]